Unread post by Town Bidnezz »

Will you still be doing scene rips?

I dunno how to do the stuff you do.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
D-Noch

Re: Retirement

Unread post by D-Noch »

My bad- was camping out in WV. To what are we speaking, specifically? I parted ways with other people, if that is the question. Otherwise, I can make a repo available to you, but it would be up to you to pick out relevant releases for posting
D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

messy marv stan

Unread post by messy marv stan »

i have about 20 du damage cds ready to post this afternoon
Cougnut5150

Unread post by Cougnut5150 »

is the site shutting down?
changoloco

Unread post by changoloco »

Don't think so... but makes sense to organize and prep for when that day finally do come.

D-noch... Not sure what I'm looking at on that spreadsheet homie. I only see the artists names and a bunch of numbers
D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

Unfortunately, I know for a fact the BEST way to crowdsource and collaborate on something like this - happens to also be one of the things nobody *I KNOW* through music interests, will EVER think about involvement- and that is a Git ecosystem. I got a self-hosted SSL/TLS only instance of Gitea up an running, but let's be realistic - ain't a mfkin soul about to curl/wget from cli, clone, pull, fork, or push, a goddamn thing. -which is fine- artist/release tables don't demand as cautious of file versioning as something like software dev.

On-boarding needs to be seamless, we need real-time collaborative editing, whatever is going on- needs to be immediately clear to new/users, and there has to be functionally 0 learning curve from the perspective of new users. -- outside of being able to verbally interact with people when I gotta pimp it, then break it down- all while ego/anxiety soothing - everybody about whatever processes, technology, or software they have never heard of, or just don't understand - cause 80% of my time invested goes directly into making sure even the least computer savvy among us- would never have to learn a new skill as a condition of volunteering to do work for me :bill:

I am not able to effecively, nor would I want to, publicly host a repo of all input/source data. Nor am I particularly interested in making working copies of all the tables and data, publicly available for anyone to just roll through and clone months of my time - to go off an do their own shit - without AT LEAST doing what I want - which is participate in the community (all I have ever wanted is some mfkz to kick it with and chop shit about Bay Rap - maybe I just wish it was 09, lol) ----and to be honest, I have never been about hosting anything I care about, or is sensitive, on any service run by an org that makes money from ads or user data- for sooo many reasons---just off-top on GPs

Nexcloud is dope, and offers functionality for everything we need- as well as satisfying demands on the solution (listed above) - Major draw back is a huge time/learning curve demand that is shifted on me, to make sure the functionality is properly implemented across onboarded/connecting users - then making sure where to go/what to do wtihin the webserver, to do what we need to- is straightforward to users - and fk, man- I can get everything we could ever need/want (that is avaible with in nextcloud) setup and functioning perfectly - but, particularly the landing page - is just this empty, uninformative, offensivivly-bright blue mfkin empty void ---I will keep Nextcloud around, but I decided to see if I can make it crack with just an instance of Baserow (don't worry about it - spreadsheet mimicing frontend for a DB backend - it might feel similar to self-hosting a groupware instance of MS Access)

Baserow is currently up and running, but I'm not a huge fan of the documentation's approach to nginx/conf.d/baserow.conf - I need to populate a database and see if I can rewrite reverse proxy pass conf
JVS

Unread post by JVS »

Yo D-Noch thanks for all the help over the years bro fr fr. It fucking hard to get ppl motivated but thank you for all your efforts. I have trouble contributing myself cuz like Lungz I'm ah family man with 3 kids, getting them to school, me to work, practice for the kids after school, and band for kids I barley have any time for anything else not to me to mention my laptop screen got fucked over. It's hard for me to do anything with my spare time. But much respect to all of you who share and keep me up to date on the bangers that come out!
lakai50

Unread post by lakai50 »

Man, thanks for everything you’ve done ever done in here. This website has been my go to for slaps as far back as I can remember, more than a decade now. Love & respect my G!!!
Coast2coast

Uhnd12jsxcvsdf

Unread post by Coast2coast »

account hacked. ignore
Last edited by Coast2coast on Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.