Retirement

Introduce Yourself..
changoloco

Re: Retirement

Unread post by changoloco »

appreciate u always keepin it real d-noch. I know we talked too, and honestly I dont have the time or tech knowledge to keep up wit u. Just like lungsfull... I got a kid, multiple jobs, long commute, etc... I'm only able to jump on here every few weeks. I try to help post requests and reups of old stuff, but dont know where yall always mine out the new releases. You've tried to put me on some of the apps/sites/etc but I'm really not a computer person. This forum works for me cuz its simple and I can see how youve outgrown the need for it. Best of luck and thanks for all your support keepin this place alive! If you got any requests let me know tho u prob already got everything I got. Thought my collection was big but some yall diggin up shit I never heard of and I been copping for 20 years now lol.
kerbs

Unread post by kerbs »

d-noch youre a beast. sorry no one could match your commitment or technical skill and im really glad you appreciate slim (yawndas) cause i think he one of the best to do it. im honestly embarrassed as an adult and don't even like that murder rap shit but he's so good at it its hard to deny the poetry. his lines be having me laughing and south richmond in general is so musically talented. another one you might like is duwop or doowop benjamin i can't remember but he's pretty smooth with it too and less murder rap but from the same camp just a little older. i got a good library of south richmond ripped mostly from youtube but have no idea how to host shit (more excuses).

but like others i really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your contributions over the years and if were migrating somewhere else please let me know.
D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

changoloco wrote:appreciate u always keepin it real d-noch. I know we talked too, and honestly I dont have the time or tech knowledge to keep up wit u. Just like lungsfull... I got a kid, multiple jobs, long commute, etc... I'm only able to jump on here every few weeks. I try to help post requests and reups of old stuff, but dont know where yall always mine out the new releases. You've tried to put me on some of the apps/sites/etc but I'm really not a computer person. This forum works for me cuz its simple and I can see how youve outgrown the need for it. Best of luck and thanks for all your support keepin this place alive! If you got any requests let me know tho u prob already got everything I got. Thought my collection was big but some yall diggin up shit I never heard of and I been copping for 20 years now lol.
KingSketti wrote:yo D-Noch, you are kind of right about people not contributing or taking you up on your offer, you hit me up. I actually do feel kind of bad about that shit. I just literally can't do it beyond what little I try to contribute ...i have extenuating circumstances as a C4 quadriplegic of almost 20 years, for as much as it should seem that I should have more free time, I am constantly doing physical rehab or sitting in a doctors office or the hospital. So the best thing I figure I can do is fulfill the occasional request or re-up....but yeah, excuses ...excuses blah

Couple things to both of y'all: 1) Def don't feel bad. People not contributing to the overall function/robustness/health of the forum is 100% unavoidable, given the length of time our community has existed unchanged...Not just in the sense that TBS is basically Putin doing everyone a favor without the aid of an active dev base...but even if there was a reason for new users to come find us, nobody has been regged since May 2020 --- I can't say as I am too upset about that, though- I ain't tryin to run afoul of any copyright BS. +++++++++++++ Shit comes up, people get bored/less motivated....there is no escaping user attrition. It is really a testament to the commitment of the OPs that they have managed to keep the organism healthy, basically by themselves, for 8.5years. (I'm not insinuating shit is dead, I'm sayin the shit is still healthy and it's been 8.5 years)

People not playin with me, is A) story of my fkin life - B) is cause people ain't have the time and/or have the interest to play nerd games with me, lol. I was just broadcasting novel projects, as well as tried to push people towards a bi-directional access incarnation- reasoning that it'd be dope if we could all just sync our collections across each other and some cloud resources- rather than having to spend time going and looking for what is new or what I'm missing...either of which I might not know exists. So I set the infrastructure up hoping to keep people from thinking they were going to just be opening themselves up to leechers (I was networking hosting resources together so we all leeched the cloud servers- not each other....every album only needs to be uploaded 1 time, by one person, right? Kinda like our music collection was a big ass jigsaw puzzle - I build as much as I can with what I got, and people add missing pieces). In the end, it didn't matter how much I did to make the system agnostic to user/platform/technical proficiency --- I found stomping on the learning curve didn't really get me anywhere. I can't even be mad. End of the day, I'm asking people to do something they don't know how to do, so they can accomplish something that doesn't really matter/is a novelty, so they can replace a thing they already know how to use and has worked just fine the last 8.5 years.

On a personal level, I think the stuff I'm working on is actually really fkin cool, and it makes me sad I can't find anyone to go hard in the geek with me cause they think it's dope, too. LMFAO, but that's a MP, not a YP. I'm a much better story teller than engaging author- and I maintain I could sell pretty much anybody one what I was talkin, if I could actually speak with them, lol but again, that's on me.

Whether or not you had time and interest in my science projects, I have directly interacted with the two of you more than anybody else over the last 16 months or so, and I legit appreciate the two of you for even taking the time to engage with me. End of the day, that is really what I was seeking. Also, King, that fkin sucks, bruh- I'm sorry to hear that. I got the homie Red I've known almost 20 years; I wanna say he's from Slovenia. You two might get something out of BSing with one another- catharsis-wise, at least. I [*knock on wood*] don't have a disability like that, but my pops died of cancer when I was 14; didn't really matter how well intention-ed, there just aren't words that have actual meaning unless they're coming outta someone else that's there, too. - but I may very well just be projecting.

D
D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

kerbs wrote:d-noch youre a beast. sorry no one could match your commitment or technical skill and im really glad you appreciate slim (yawndas) cause i think he one of the best to do it. im honestly embarrassed as an adult and don't even like that murder rap shit but he's so good at it its hard to deny the poetry. his lines be having me laughing and south richmond in general is so musically talented. another one you might like is duwop or doowop benjamin i can't remember but he's pretty smooth with it too and less murder rap but from the same camp just a little older. i got a good library of south richmond ripped mostly from youtube but have no idea how to host shit (more excuses).

but like others i really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your contributions over the years and if were migrating somewhere else please let me know.

oohhh shit, is he horror-core(ish)? That would fkin explain why I never heard of him or ANY of the people he fucks with. I honestly found so much shit starting from Yawndass, working outwards through Richmond to the O...fk bruh. I will check dude out. You should peruse the library I've been building. I got a million and 1 ways we can make it happen. All it will take is direct communication: we can text, or I got Discord and Telegram; I think Kik; couple encrypted ones, but it ain't that serious....just let me know what you already got/want to use.
beastmode

Unread post by beastmode »

Iv been saying alot of this shit for years. There's only a hand full that give a fuck. and the rest just mooch!! There's been talk for years about upgrading the sight so I pulled back. I do re-up links when I got the time and if I got the album along with a few new drops here and there.
[youtube] [/youtube]
changoloco

Unread post by changoloco »

amen brotha noch... your rants always crack me up. you pretty much hit it on the head.

and sketti its straight inspirational to hear stuff like that. I've blown my knees out 3 times hoopin and had to do PT and all that shit n I thought I had it tuff... puts everything in perspective. much respect homie!! bless!!
D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

beastmode wrote:Iv been saying alot of this shit for years. There's only a hand full that give a fuck. and the rest just mooch!! There's been talk for years about upgrading the sight so I pulled back. I do re-up links when I got the time and if I got the album along with a few new drops here and there.
I was never an OP, but even then, it just never really felt like something mfkz had grounds to bitch about. Putin's already puttin himself out; having other people doing dev work means admin access to his entire host. This is pretty much why I kept trying to build something that could run parallel. I would kill to implement a community/crowd-sourced playlist! Just fkin load releases to a database...it could really just be a mfkin spreadsheet. Make a couple empty columns, and a couple spoofed full of 1's...maybe 0's and we could do +/- ---but at it's simplest..just be able to +1 tracks you dig. Now I can come back, sort the list by whatever voting column I want...yikes...a playlist w/o having to do ALL the legwork one's self. THAT is the group task I want to contribute my time to, and the one I want everyone else to fkin kick down on, lol. I really like he idea of collaborative workflows and/or projects as a way to juice participation in stagnating communities. At this point, I'm almost certain we all have some shit we always wish we had the time (potentially technical knowledge, but mostly just excessive periods of near-exclusive focus on a boring/repetitive task) to sit down and get done some day...like if we was on some Evie shit from Out of this World...but realistically, that shit isn't going to happen (I have found often this is where me technical barrier resides. Like, "I could get this done with hella cocaine and 247 man/hours, doing some shit I am already comfortable doing....but I could easily knock it out in a couple weekend afternoons, IFF I was comfortably proficient in X).

That all just screams "crowdsource" and "gamify" ...Just breakout some meaningless badges, find some baller shit to name achievement levels, select nick rendering colors.....Now EVERYBODY gets the task accomplished at a fraction of the effort. I swear I could have make the shit crack, but I needed it to be in some alternate universe where I could set up and start a couple of the projects so people could get a better handle on the purpose and ultimate [potential] value, AND have a very clearly defined and digestible tasks/workflow. ...But I basically ended up quickly write up abstract explanations of technical processes related to accomplishing some esoteric ass shit, with 0 idea about what the commitment would ultimately entail, and if that ended up sounding worth it. Really wasn't a bit surprising mfkz was coo off that shit. Little bit surprised there ended up being basically zero collective or individual will to populate some form of space with synchronous communication- esp in the midst of COVID. I'm pretty sure the calculus was more or less the same as above for people. Mfkz that are busy with family, or shit goin on in their lives, OR mfkz got anyone else in their lives that can BS with about music....then it's just a bunch of people with inconsistent/infrequent/fleeting time and demand to participate/engage in an active conversation; AKA a completely empty chatroom cause the desired dynamic is literally never waiting for them when they connect. I hoped going after a fullstack webapp so people's browsers could maintain persistent connections would sidestep the lack of idlers, but it was still beyond me to herd a critical mass of people to the same place at the same time.

Will still throw down on whatever. I got plenty of web/hosting resources fkin idling. I still think Nextcloud could work cause there is 0 learning curve or software needed for enduser onboarding. I fked up though- I spent hella fkin time learning and fkin with a linux server CLI, nginx, domain wildcard certs, a goddamn reverse proxy and securing all the various portions of the install package---when I finally got everything lined up right i was so excited, I pretty much brought my tricked-out mobile love palace to the track without no hoes in it. Populating my empty webspace with relevant, engaging shit, useful integrations, and making sure it is easily navigable with new users immediately being assigned to groups and properly provisioned to actually see the shit...is all on the person setting up the implementation. I was outta gas at that point, so it never had a chance to even try an look interesting. Live and learn, lol

If you or whomever end up making a push on something, lemme know; I'll throw down manhours towards critical mass.

D
KingSketti

Unread post by KingSketti »

changoloco wrote:amen brotha noch... your rants always crack me up. you pretty much hit it on the head.

and sketti its straight inspirational to hear stuff like that. I've blown my knees out 3 times hoopin and had to do PT and all that shit n I thought I had it tuff... puts everything in perspective. much respect homie!! bless!!
Thanks man
kerbs

Unread post by kerbs »

na none of them horror core just never got exposure until tay-way had a hit but then got killed recently. they all hail from aobent i think but i really like the littles. ima try and do a compilation of just singles that i got soon
LepRcoN

Unread post by LepRcoN »

much respect