Any1 else miss chatrooms and/or BSin about bayrap?

Talk About Anything On Your Mind
D-Noch

Any1 else miss chatrooms and/or BSin about bayrap?

Unread post by D-Noch »

I been noticing this for a min, but covid lockdown drove it home. Social media, reddit, and forums (here the represent something called "asynchronous communication" - i.e.. you/someone makes a post | . . . | Anyone whom sees it before it's buried AND has something they feel like they gotta add, will respond. Those are useful mechanics in that they can keep communities together w/o requiring all that many people be active at a given time. Furthermore, it's coo if you got some shit to say, but there ain't nobody around/at the time to tell.

Relying on technology to replace actually kickin it w/ some mfkz, is already like being broke AF and buyin a bag of pretendo- you know what you are getting, and It works in a pinch, or for just once or twice at a time.....but no matter how hard a mfka tries, it just ain't about to get you quite as high.

Group chat/messaging apps get around part of the problem in that the message get pushed to the potential recipients. However, as a participant in the group, that fkin push notification gets annoying AF when one is not active in the conversation. There is virtually no choice but to kill almost every portion of push notifications. Eventually, they rely on people opting to participate in the conversation at the same time to actually result in synchronous communication.

That real-time interpersonal/group interaction is what people need to trick our brain into thinking we are actually part of an active, healthy community - which is actually a really big part of being happy, well-adjusted individuals.

If I hosted a full-stack web chat app on my web server, would people come through to burn n' bump? Smoke n' Slaps? I still got some friends on DC and r/bayrap, and I will mass text my people back in the V and Nor Cal. - MAJOR DIFFICULTY of chatrooms is there has to be a critical mass of people idling at any given time, else mfkaz peep game and X like it's Friday night and my house got no beer, hoes, or tree

I explained how it can benefit your well-being/happiness- now, if I ask super nice and offer to bribe people w/ bandwidth, server space, @townbidness.com email addresses, and/or 50-100+gigs of the shit you ain't got.....will whomever reads this please copy this post in a message to any TBS (or other places too) cats you ever talked to/kicked it with ---This does 2 things: 1) For the couple years where I only slid through here to grab albums once a month or someshit, I was not surfing Random Talk. 2) fk the pretendo, this tha real okie doke right here- gotta pretend some people, somewhere, are down.

BTW, does anyone know any [or want to try and learn any] PHP, Java, CSS, etc? Honestly, front or back-end webdev would have input for me that I don't quite know how to ask Google for....and it's way too general for Stack Exchange. - I got these other couple ideas I am trying to get started. Willing to share resources if there is something you want to get done.

Good lookin - y'all be safe.
Dave Vallejo, California- where the players dwell. | Washington, DC- where only wolf-tickets sell.
lungsfull

Re: Any1 else miss chatrooms and/or BSin about bayrap?

Unread post by lungsfull »

we should all go take over r/bayrap its kinda weak over there.
If something I posted is down message me.

apple01doj

Unread post by apple01doj »

i miss chat rooms talking about rap
lungsfull

i miss spamming the chat with memes about you guys.

D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

lol, the one thing I don't miss is that mfka Swinka spamming GIFS of fkin terrorist beheadings and shit in the shout box.
JVS

Unread post by JVS »

Finding good rap info on msg boards aint ah good source anymore. Music Blogs are ok for info on older caset tape albums.
Town Bidnezz

Unread post by Town Bidnezz »

The game changed and we the last of a dying breed
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
lungsfull

JVS wrote:Finding good rap info on msg boards aint ah good source anymore. Music Blogs are ok for info on older caset tape albums.

yep social media is a much better source of info. 99% of these artists will respond to a legit question in DMs

D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

preliminary testing - I never fked w/ any of this shit before

http://fkh8trz.org/bayrap
Misterious-G

Unread post by Misterious-G »

the random chats in the cb shit was good. we need it back
[youtube][/youtube]