Bay Area Legend “The Jacka” was laid to rest today by family

News From Around The Bay Area
Town Bidnezz

Bay Area Legend “The Jacka” was laid to rest today by family

Unread post by Town Bidnezz »

Today in Oakland, at the Islamic Cultural Center of Northern California, Dominic Newton aka Shaheed Akbar, stage name known as “The Jacka”, had a memorial service for family and friends, and was laid to rest.

There was a few notable artists who said some very good things at the funeral.  The artists who spoke highly of the Jacka at his service included J Stalin, Mistah Fab, Ap9, Husulah, and Nio Tha Gift.

The community really gathered today, and he had legendary artists in attendance. In addition to the music scene being present, his immediate family, friends, and mother was all there. Some of the additional people who spoke on the Jacka preached the end of violence in the black community. A couple others who spoke talked about Jacka being a faithful muslim. No matter who was talking about his behalf, they all talked about how uplifting he was as a person.

Artists who attended include Mob Figaz members, Philadelphia Freeway, DJ Quest, A-One, Lee Majors, Lil Rue,  J Stalin, Nano of Livewire Records, Rahmean, Bo Strangles, Street Knowledge, Joe Blow, Yukmouth, Mac Mall, J Diggs, Laroo Tha Hard Hitta, Mistah Fab, The Mekanix, G-Stack of the Delinquents, Curcinado from Hittaz on the Payroll, PK-Frank and Steph of Golden Mean Management, DJ Juice, DJ Slowpoke, DJ Daisy Dukes of Core DJs, The Gorilla Pits, The Dragons, Traxamillion, Cellski, DVXUrban, Nio Tha Gift, and many more.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
beastmode

Re: Bay Area Legend “The Jacka” was laid to rest today by fa

Unread post by beastmode »

R.i.p. jacka still cant get over that he's really gone. .
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dankbomb

Unread post by Dankbomb »

Shit iz fucked up but he will never be forgotten. man I remember when I first listen to the jacka getting his "street album" off sum knock azz nigga selling burn CDs ahaha. man hella fucken memories & hella fucken smoke sessions....
Betalocc

Unread post by Betalocc »

rip the jacka
:jacka: believe still cant believe it its hit hard had man in tears for my nig his music was to heartfelt deep brotha the mob will neva be the same
hubcapface

Unread post by hubcapface »

RIP my man. 1 of the greatest to ever do it....prolly THE greatest ever imo