MY TOP 24 FOR 2014...

Talk About Anything On Your Mind
doogie54

MY TOP 24 FOR 2014...

Unread post by doogie54 »

Now that its December and the year is pretty much fuckin over..i figured now would be the perfect time to name my Top albums / mixtapes for the year..now I listened to ALOTTA music in 2014..but im only gone list the shit that i actually ENJOYED listening to this year..cuz i listened to ALOTTA FUCKIN bullshit..but here goes my list..in NO PARTICULAR ORDER..

24. Ant - Anthrax

Ant is from Fort Wayne Indiana..and he dropped Anthrax back in July. It had all Fort Wayne artists featured on it such as Stu Hustlah, Noctane, Eazy Racks and Scoot da Kidd. This was a very solid project, and for a first-time listener of Ant..this would be the perfect place to start checking out his music..

[youtube][/youtube]

23. Young Doe - Ventilate 2

Young Doe is from Denver Colorado and is part of Elite Entertainment. His latest album Ventilate 2 is probably my favorite solo project from him (aside from his 2013 album entitled "Street Hustler 2"..that shit SLAPPED). Really good laid-back production, dope ass lyrics and really nice features on this..i thoroughly enjoyed this album from start to finish..be sure to check it out if you overlooked it..

[youtube][/youtube] *this is easily the BEST song on the album..

22. Joe Blow - MOB 2

THis dropped back in May and is the sequel to Blow's first album entitled MOB. This album had some of the best material I've ever heard from Joe Blow, he had alot of Pakslap and Phantom Beatz on here which i really enjoyed..and the thing that i really liked about this album was that aside from Blow making niggas bring that A-Game on they verses..he also managed to get some dope ass Posse Cuts on here..like the one with all 5 of the Mob Figaz for example. Not too much I can say about this one that you probably dont already know..seeing as how majority of the niggas reading this prolly fuck with his music anyhow..so i aint telling you nothing you aint already know..

[youtube][/youtube] * my fav song on album..hate that its so SHORT though..

21. Stu Hustlah - Unfathered 5

Stu Hustlah dropped part 5 of his Unfathered series back in April and it's a very solid album. Stu Hustlah is part of da MurderGang which resides out of Fort Wayne Indiana and are affiliated with quite a few bay area and Akron artists. I've heard quite a few ppl say they didn't like this album because the beats sound quote-unquote "depressing"...however..the tone of the album is no different than that of a Devilz Rejectz album. You may not like alot of the songs after your first listen (i sure didn't)..but if you allow the songs to grow on you, you will be pleasantly suprised..be sure to check out Stu Hus..

[youtube][/youtube]

20. Young Bossi - American Hustle

This is Bossi's 4th solo album which dropped back in April..and Its got some of his best material on it in my opinion. Bossi took a different route on this album and rapped over a handful of commercial beats such as Beanie Sigel's "Look at Me Now" beat or Kanye West's "Devil In a New Dress" beat..but it all pays off in the end because he does the instrumentals justice. The features on this album are really good, and the album is easy to listen to in one sitting (cuz i know you niggas got short attention spans :magic: )...to sum it all up, this a really really really dope album..and it's waaay better than Chedda Muzik (yes, i didn't like that album.sue me)..

[youtube][/youtube]

19. Eazy Racks - Wrong so Eazy

I originally overlooked this nigga, because his name is quite silly..but once u get past the fact that you listening to nigga named "Eazy Racks" rapping..it aint that bad lol..all bullshit aside though, this nigga is from Fort Wayne Indiana and this dropped back in February. I honestly like all the songs on this album(okay..92% of the songs), but the main thing that attracts me to this album still is the production..which is on point like fuck...you just might enjoy this one as much as i did..give it a shot..

[youtube][/youtube]

18. Lil Boosie - Life After Deathrow

After doing 5 years in the feds..Boosie got out and took them 5 years of sittin behind bars, compiled all his thoughts and scattered them throughout 18 tracks. This is a solid ass mixtape from start-to-finish because this nigga got alot to say after sitting down for all them years..and i aint one of them niggas who jumped on the Boosie bandwagon once he got locked up..i been bumpin his shit..and to you niggas that think his voice is annoying, i wouldnt reccomend this for yall..because he still sound the same nigga.. :jordan:

[youtube][/youtube]

17. Boy Big & Pain - Heartache & Pain

Whilst boy big is currently locked up, him and kansas city rapper named Pain dropped this dope ass album back in April. In case you not familiar with either of these fellows..Boy Big handles the singing (think Matt Blaque-ish) whilst Pain handles the rappin. There are some nice features such as Joe Blow and Rich the factor (who also presented the album) on here. very good album that you oughta peep..

[youtube][/youtube]

16. Baby Kev (Kush Lamma) - Thicc Faces (Vol. 1)

Alotta niggas are familiar with F.A.'s music threw Joe Blow and Blow Money Records..but I'm familiar with F.A. threw hearing him on old Baby Kev songs back in the day..and after doin a few years in the feds, Kansas City rapper BK released his 2nd mixtape since his release (his first mixtape being a 5-track mixtape entitled SADDIQA) and it is dope as hell. As I've told niggas before..BK's high pitched rapping voice may take a while for you to get used to..but once you peep his lyrical ability, you'll see why i consider this to be so dope..also..if you actually ARE familiar with BK's music..you'll notice that he has shown alotta spiritual growth on this because he aint just rappin about murking niggas on almost every track like the old days (go listen to 100% Pure Vol 2 if you want the old BK dammit!) Just listen to it yaself bruh and pass your own judgments...TWAMP SIDE!!! (thats a inside thang...)

[youtube][/youtube]

15. F.A. - Real Nigga (The Street Album)

this is like F.A.'s 7th or 8th album and its actually pretty good..but i aint like is as much as his old projects(Respect my Gangsta or Standing on my Own 2)..and I say that because it was WAY too many features on this for my liking..not saying that the features on here aint good..but i think that the MILLION other ppl he got on this album easily over-shadowed him on his own shit..With that being said, its more than a handful of good songs on this album and F.A. still dont dissapoint..so check this one out

[youtube][/youtube]

14. Innerstate Ike - Book of Michael

Innerstate Ike's latest project named The Book Of Michael has one of the best album covers i seen all year..its a picture of Ike as a little kid with a bible right below it and the title "The Book of Michael" is a reference to none other than himself...so basically he tryna tell u niggas that he spittin scriptures. There are alotta good songs on this one rite here and the skits in between the songs help the the album flow so smoothly..as a big Innerstate Ike fan, this is another solid project to add to his HUGE catalouge..BUT..for niggas who are not familiar with Ike..i'd reccomend you go back and listen to the old Batman & Robin albums with his homeboy Colfax Cac (RIP)..it'll give you alotta backstory as to the things he tends to rap about in his songs once you know his backstory..so just listen to this shit and nod ya head..

[youtube][/youtube]

13. Lil Mo - We Can All Fall Out

Rondoe's best buddy Lil Mo (NO..not the bitch that used to sing on the Ja Rule songs) dropped his 2nd solo album earlier this year. The topics on this one range from poppin suckaz / i sell dope to feed my kids / free my niggaz etc etc etc....there are features from J-Diggs, F.A. and Rondoe on this one..I reccomend giving this one at least 1 good spin to figure out which songs are dope and which ones u aint feeling..check it out nigga

[youtube][/youtube]

12. The Jacka - What Happend To The World (Street Album)

The Jacka is BACK!!!! After NUMEROUS terrible projects that Jacka allowed Siccness.net to release..The "Tear Gas" + "The Jack Artist" + "Devilz Rejectz" + "C-bo Mob Figaz Jacka that we have all come to grow and love(no homo) returns with this Street album. Honestly, it was a point in time when Jacka would release something..and i would break my muthafuckin NECK to make sure i got the chance to listen to it...but over the past years, I lost lots of interest in Jacka's music and material due to tons of recycled verses, wack ass flow patterns and Jack always sounding like he just waking up from hibernating for the winter B4 he picked the Mic up.. :magic:

all the criticism aside, Jacka has returned with a QUALITY album with great production, dope lyrics, A-1 features and great narrative on this. I especially like how each interlude between the songs basically introduce you to what the song is about to be about..if you listen to this album, you'll know what i mean by that. Anyways..this one really speaks for itself once u listen to it..so gone head and pick up the lastest release from the most relevant Mob Figa...

[youtube][/youtube]

11. Rydah J. Klyde - The Klyde Show

The Fly gangsta was supposed to drop this shit way back in 2013..but a year later Rydah dropped this and it was worth the wait... There are 2 versions of this album..1 having 13 tracks (itunes version) and the other having 19 tracks (physical copy..which is the version i had)..there are alotta good Bay Area features on here such as Dubb 20, AP.9, T-Nutty, J. Stalin and San Quinn just to name a few..and there is alotta production on this one from RobLo which helps give it that old "Mob Figaz" sound that Rydah sounds best over..dont sleep on this one

[youtube][/youtube]

10. A-Wax - Pullin Stringz

This is one of the BEST albums of 2014..and this is my 2nd FAVORITE A-Wax album EVER (the 1st one being Conceptz and Contradictionz)..Wax came outta nowhere and dropped this album which has NO features (that means it aint even no R&B bitches singin on the chorus)..A-Wax manages to hold his own for TWENTY tracks straight without getting boring and repetitive..Wax is very authentic in his rhymes and you can tell he really took his time crafting this album into (dare i say it..??) a muthafuckin CLASSIC..dont agree with me..listen to it for yaself

[youtube][/youtube]

9. Philthy Rich - Not Enough Real Niggas Left 3

This is the 3rd installment of Philthy's NERNL series..and I feel that its the best out of the trilogy. First off the front cover just goes to show you that its more than philthy than bussin choppaz and being a SemCityMoneyMan (thats a joke)...but it shows u that he is a FAMILY MAN!!! :dave: On a serious note however, i personally feel that this is the best project Philthy has dropped in recent years. With no features, 12 tracks of AK-47 production and real-life tracks such as the Oscar Grant / Trayvon Martin tributes..I'd have to say that this is my favorite Philthy album..

[youtube][/youtube]

8. Mozzy - Next Body On You

I originally heard of Mozzy on Joe Blow's True Story album..and when i seen this drop, i decided to check it out. Mozzy is from Sacramento and he has really grown on me. His scratchy sounding voice took a while to grow on me, but I like Mozzy's "no non-sense" type of rap..prime example of what i mean when i say "no non-sense" is the track with Philthy Rich named "I'm Just Been Honest" where he basically calls out Lavish D for being a internet thug and so-on-and-so-forth...he's currently locked up rite now though, but he has managed to also drop a sequel to this album "Next Body on You 2" as well..but Vol 1 is the best place to start..check Lil Tim aka Mozzy out nigga..

[youtube][/youtube]

7. AWOL Mafia - Mafia Royalty 2K14

I was excited earlier this year when this album dropped because it felt like some retro shit to hear C-Bo, Luni Coleone, Killa Tay and especially Marvaless (who i feel is the hardest female rapper EVER) all on the same tracks like the old days. There are some dope posse ass cuts along with solo tracks such as Killa Tay's track "Snitches Shouldn't Rap"..i think alotta ppl missed out on this one, but now would be the perfect time to go back to check it out..especially if you miss that old AWOL shit from the 90's

[youtube][/youtube]

6. J-Diggs - Soul of A Gangsta

J-Diggs dropped this album along with a documentary entitled "The Worst Week Of My Life" to accompany it. This album is the vintage Diggs that I'm familiar with and this is also the album where he called out PSD tha Drivah and called the nigga a snitch. In the midst of releasing this album, the feds raided Thizz, J-Diggs lost his oldest son and he was facin court cases and shit..so Diggs got alot of frustrations to vent on this one..Diggs is still holdin it down for Mac Dre which i cant do nothing but respect..

[youtube][/youtube][youtube][/youtube] * peep the documentary

5. Gap - Gap Vs. United States Of America -- 120 Months to Life Federal Time

Hailing out of Akron, Ohio, this is Gap's 4th solo album and it was long-awaited..and im assuming him being behind bars had alot to do with its lengthy release..but it finally dropped a couple months ago and while it aint his best album (I Am The Way I Rap is still my favorite from him), it got some good ass songs on it..and Gap is still Mr. I Don't Give A Shit as he raps about blatantly NOT givin a fuck about you, ya mama and ya whole ancestry (i kid..i kid)...but truthfully..this album is pretty good minus the last 2 tracks on the album that are recycled from his old albums..but they still might be new to a muthafucka who aint never listened to Gap before..check it out..

[youtube][/youtube]

4. The Popper - Values, Beliefs, Loyalty & Respect

One of my favorite KC artists (i say artist..because he can tell stories, and not just simply rhyme words like a typical rapper) The Popper dropped this album entitled Values, Beliefs, Loyalty & Respect. He is the first nigga i know to have his ACTUAL mama host their album. But the thing about this album is that he aint promoting senseless violence and sipping lean and all that bullshit..Popper is more of a down-to-earth, Everyday struggle type of nigga. I thouroughly enjoyed this album from front to back because it has a theme, and it STICKS with that theme.

I also commend Popper because this nigga actually did a album release when this shit dropped at 7th Heaven, and he was posted right behind the counter in there with his mama and his pops.

I don't know to many niggas who got family values like that when it comes to their music...but anyways..im typing too much, so just check this album out...

[youtube][/youtube]

3. Ron Ron - The Bride of FrankEinstein 3

Ron Ron is one of my favorite rappers in the world (i dont use that term loosely)..and this is his latest mixtape that The Popper assisted him in getting released to the public since he is currently behind bars. This mixtape really dropped out of nowhere back on Halloween and it's the sequel to his previous mixtape entitled FrankEinstein 2.0 which was released back in 2008. It's not as good as his previous projects..mainly due to him bein locked up and not being able to craft it the way he normally does with his projects, but its still a pretty good mixtape (give or take a few songs)...what i really liked most about this album is the Outro which is a phone call of Ron Ron sending shouts out to the ppl who helped him with the project and a message to his kids and family and all that good shit..kinda odd that my favorite track on this one isn't even a song..but im just weird like that :dave: ..all bullshit aside, this mixtape is worth checkin out..Double still got them undeniable lyrics on deck...

[youtube][/youtube]

2. F.A. - D-Con Kills Ratz

This album F.A. dropped back in April and it's probably his best album since Standing On My Own 2. And unlike the Real Nigga album, this one didn't have him being overshadowed by the features and the beats he rapped over on this one is what really did it for me. Very great production and very deep lyrics ranging from his Mama being murdered while he was locked up at 15, how the new generation is killing lil ass kids and snitching on they homeboys, packin straps in elementary..lots of good material on this one and with features from Lil Rue, Young Lox, Young Fate and he even got Dame Dash On Da Slapz to come out of rap retirment and spit a quick verse on here. I definitely used to listen to this shit on a daily basis when i was stuck at Job Corps and it made my days go by much quicker..i highly reccomend this album for any fans (and non-fans) of Mr. Fonk Artist..

[youtube][/youtube]

1. Stu Hustlah & Lil Juu - Lillie Street Is The Street

Stu Hustlah cliqued up with his homeboi Lil Juu and dropped this album entitled Lillie Street Is The Street back in January. This album had alotta slaps on it and Stu & Juu are good when they trade bars off of each other. They dont have too many features on this one and its a really good album..the music speaks for itself my nigga..so just listen to this album and tell me what you think..

[youtube][/youtube]

and there you niggas have it...24 albums that i enjoyed listening to in 2014..some you've heard of..some you may not heard of, but i guarantee that if you actually take time out yo day to listen to some of these albums..you'll see what im talkin bout because i honestly feel that imma picky nigga when it comes to music and i only like certain shit..but enough of this typing shit..

TBS 4 LIFE !!!!

--------------------------

Honarable mentions

Stupid Fresh

Re: MY TOP 24 FOR 2014...

Unread post by Stupid Fresh »

:jacka: :jacka:

Good review brah. That's the kind of post I really like to read. And I'm gonna listen to Ron ron asap. Thanks.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]Image
doogie54

nilsson wrote::jacka: :jacka:

Good review brah. That's the kind of post I really like to read. And I'm gonna listen to Ron ron asap. Thanks.
thanks alot bro..and that Ron Ron is pretty good, but If you've never listened to his music before..i reccomend Skitzo Frinkik and Ron DMC to start you off..

http://www.thebayslaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=16
lungsfull

Unread post by lungsfull »

good choice for #1 i bumped that shit all summer
If something I posted is down message me.

beastmode

Unread post by beastmode »

Dope review bruh ..
[youtube] [/youtube]
doogie54

beastmode wrote:Dope review bruh ..

thanks alot bro
beastmode

Unread post by beastmode »

doogie54 wrote:
beastmode wrote:Dope review bruh ..

thanks alot bro
Need more of these I would of never herd that eazy racks if it wasn't for this.. thx again
[youtube] [/youtube]
doogie54

I need to make more of the these