Official golden state warriors thread

all sports related
Town Bidnezz

Official golden state warriors thread

Unread post by Town Bidnezz »

Not just for the offseason, lets keep this as the season thread and offseason thread for every year, just to look back and see what we was saying
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Town Bidnezz

Re: Official golden state warriors thread

KLAY THOMPSON IS A FUCKN BEAST ON THE COURT....
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Town Bidnezz

With a huge payday months away, it would make sense for Draymond Green to feel the pressure. Instead, he feels free.

He gets all the minutes he can handle. He has the green light to chuck 3-pointers, even after going 0-for-Thursday-and-Monday.

He is encouraged to release his inner goon -- the aggressive, trash-talking type who prefers physical hoops. He is welcomed to express his opinion, despite his relative youth and inexperience. Coach Steve Kerr even invited Green to curse at him.

This is all more than Green expected, and way ahead of schedule. This is the kind of bliss he's dreamed about.

"Feel pressure for what?" Green said in a phone conversation on Tuesday.
Maybe because you have to live up to the hype. Maybe because more people are watching you, expecting you to produce.

"Doing what I do has put me in this position. So I just need to keep doing what I do."

In 2012, Green was happy to sign a three-year contract for the league minimum, as it guaranteed him time to prove himself. Five months ago, Green would've gladly signed a deal for $6 million a year and felt like he was getting over.

Now, he's being talked about as a max-contract player, looking at upwards of $15 million per year.

And all he hears is the Warriors want to keep him at all cost. Sure, they're supposed to say that to scare off potential suitors. Still, such a ploy shows how much he's valued.

Either way, whatever Green gets in July will be way more than anyone anticipated for the No. 35 overall pick out of Michigan State. Wherever he lands, he'll be coveted.

And until then, he has the freedom to do what he does. He can play through turnovers. He isn't criticized for missing shots.

Well, take that back. Every time Green shoots a 3, assistant coach Luke Walton yells "boards!" -- warning his players the rebound is coming. Walton is also motivating Green, who he knows shoots better when prodded by trash talk.

"I hear him every time," Green said.

The ultimate tweener, Green gets to fulfill both his hoop dreams on the court. He is allowed to be a playmaker, to grab the rebound and push it and make a play. Green is also allowed to bang with the big boys.

Per ESPN, the Warriors are hot after big man JaVale McGee, the free- agent-to-be as possible insurance in case center Andrew Bogut or Festus Ezeli are injured for the postseason.

But, really, the Warriors' best option for just-in-case center might be Green.

Kerr's small lineup is turning out to be a weapon few teams can match. That was evident in the Warriors' come-from-way-behind win at Boston, and the near comeback in Brooklyn despite ending a long roadie.

With Green at center, the Warriors were able to be super small without compromising defense. His intensity, shot-blocking and rebounding give the Warriors a big-man's presence while still having offensive threats at every position.

The Warriors' best defensive lineup in the fourth quarter has been with Green at center, flanked by Andre Iguodala, Harrison Barnes and the Splash Brothers. This unit allows 85.9 points per 100 fourth-quarter possessions, tied for 10th best in the league.

Green outranks Clippers 6-foot-11 center DeAndre Jordan, a candidate for Defensive Player of the Year, in most defensive metrics sans rebounding.

"I love playing center in the small lineup," Green said. "I know I've got to hold down the middle, protect the rim. You obviously lose something when a guy like Bogut comes out. But it won't be too much of a drop- off. I won't be no pushover."

The playoffs are coming and Green will be required to perform on the big stage. It will be different than being a role player. Now he'll be expected to produce.

More than a few players have cracked under playoff pressure.

Nervous?

"The brighter the lights, the better I perform," Green said. "It's always been that way. Honestly, I can't even explain it. I'll just do what I do. It's got me this far."
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Dankaroma

Unread post by Dankaroma »

:yee:
Town Bidnezz

:40: Warriors yep
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]