Fantastic Negrito says San Francisco police handcuffed him

News From Around The Bay Area
Town Bidnezz

Fantastic Negrito says San Francisco police handcuffed him

Unread post by Town Bidnezz »

Fantastic Negrito says San Francisco police handcuffed him over Outside Lands wristband sale

A popular Oakland musician said he was swarmed by officers, handcuffed and detained for three hours over a concert wristband his intern sold on Craigslist.

Fantastic Negrito, who plays black roots music, was scheduled to perform Saturday afternoon at the Outside Lands festival in Golden Gate Park.

He said when he arrived at the festival grounds and left his vehicle, he was greeted by a phalanx of police officers.

"I get out, fix my bow tie, say hi to a few friends, and then we're swarmed by, like, 10 SFPD and made to get on the ground and cuffed for three hours," he said.

The musician said that unbeknown to him an intern had attempted to sell a wristband for the concert on Craigslist.
n
Fantastic Negrito, 47, said the intern confessed immediately to officers that he was the only one involved, but the musician and one other person were still detained.

He said he was handcuffed for three hours, and officers refused to move the handcuffs to the front of his body, even after medics told them he had previous injuries from a serious car accident.

"I was telling these guys that it was killing me because I have a 2-foot pin in my shoulder," he said.

According to Albie Esparza, a spokesman for the Police Department, police had been tipped off by Another Planet Entertainment that someone was selling nontransferable artist bands.

Esparza identified those cited as Xavier Amid Dphrepaulezz, 40, John Michael Beckmeyer, 22 and Alistar Tristian Monroe, 44.

Xavier Dphrepaulezz is Fantastic Negrito's real name. The Police Department appears to have incorrectly listed his age as 40.

The department did not respond to questions about the specifics of the incident.

Fantastic Negrito's show was also canceled.

The performer bested 7,000 entrants last year to win an National Public Radio music contest.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]